Bacula Release 7.4.6
11 March 2017 Kern Sibbald
We are pleased to announce that we have just released Bacula version 7.4.6 to Source Forge and to the Bacula.org website.
This version is a minor bug fix release that fixes a number of bugs in the prior release as well as some long standing bugs.
If you are already running Bacula version 7.4.0 or greater, it is not urgent to upgrade unless you find a problem you are experiencing on the list of fixes (see ReleaseNotes below). There is no database update required from any prior 7.4.x version, but as usual all Storage Daemons must be updated to the same version as your Director (presumably 7.4.5).
As a reminder, the Windows File Daemon is available for download on the www.bacula.org web site for personal use. Since there are no updates to the Windows FD, version 7.4.6 does not exist. Consequently, please use the Windows FD version 7.4.4.
I have now found a replacement for WPDM (WordPress Download Manager), which suddenly stopped working, and the Windows binaries for 7.4.4 are loaded as well as the source for 7.4.6. In the next few days, I will also reload a few older Bacula versions.
Thank you for using Bacula.
Please find the Release Notes at the end of this email.
Do you like working with Bacula? Or do you want to work for a company that makes massive contributions to Open Source? If so, Bacula Systems is growing and open positions. Please go to:
to see the currently open positions.
Release Notes for Bacula 7.4.6
Release Version 7.4.6
This is a bug fix release, which hopefully corrects a seg fault on OpenBSD due to the nex ACL/XATTR code, and it also fixes the large number of tape mount messages that are repeated at 5 minute intervals due to a bug in the poll code. Various small fixes for FreeBSD.
Please note, the signature hash files (.sig) for the source code was previously SHA1. For this and future releases we have changed it to be SHA256.
– Fix bug #2271 where poll interval causes tape mount message to repeat
– Attempt to fix IPV6 not configured
– Possible fix for acl seg fault on OpenBSD where no acl code defined
– Change release digest from SHA1 to SHA256
– Fix getnameinfo() for FreeBSD fixes bug #2083
Bugs fixed/closed since last release: